Disability Bowls England will be taking part in the #TwoPointSixChallenge to bring members and bowlers from the wider community together during the current coronavirus lockdown.
Anyone can join in – you don’t have to be a member of Disability Bowls England!
All you need to do is dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6, 26 or 260 that suits your skills and complete it on Sunday 26th April – when the 40th London Marathon would have taken place, whilst raising money for Disability Bowls England.
This could be something as simple as pledging to run or ride 2.6 miles as part of your daily exercise, holding the plank for 2.6 minutes, to gardening for 26 minutes. It can be anything that involves the numbers 2.6, 26 or 260!
It’s so easy to get involved! Follow the simple step-by-step guide below:
- Decide on a challenge: Disability Bowls England Performance & Development Manager, Mo Monkton, is walking up and down the stairs 26 times whilst tossing a pancake! Perhaps you could see how many attempts it takes you to throw a tennis ball into a flower pot 26 times, eat 26 dry biscuits without taking a drink, or even sing the National Anthem 26 times!
- Share your challenge with EVERYONE you know. Don’t forget to give them the link to donate: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1160746. Maybe even ask your friends and team mates to do their own challenge to raise funds for Disability Bowls England.
- Tell Disability Bowls England about your challenge – DBE is easily accessible on social media channels:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/disabilitybowlsengland.org.uk
Twitter – https://twitter.com/DisabilityBowls)
- Don’t forget to send a photograph, video or report to Disability Bowls England either during or once you have completed the challenge
- This is a testing time for us all, especially those living alone and we hope that our bowls family are keeping in touch with each other. A phone call or message from a team mate does raise spirits and please don’t hesitate to contact any of the Disability Bowls England Board, Mo Monkton or Lee Smith if ever you need someone to chat with.
Mobile: 07817 313663
Mobile: 07817 699563
Disability Bowls England is working hard behind the scenes to arrange and organise events for members to enjoy once the restrictions are lifted and look forward to getting everyone together at the earliest opportunity.
Until then, keep an eye on the Disability Bowls England website and social media pages for news and stories.
To make a donation to Disability Bowls England’s #TwoPointSixChallenge, visit: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1160746