We are pleased to launch our Competitors Survey 2021.
We would love to hear from existing national competition players; lapsed national competition players; and those who have never entered a national competition but might consider it in the future; in order to explore how we can grow participation and develop the National Finals experience. You can take the survey, which should take 10-15 minutes, by clicking here or on the button below.
Back at the start of 2021, there was absolutely no guarantee the competitions season would be able to progress. After meetings with our County Associations in February, we announced changes to the formats for this summer only. We were motivated by a desire to get as many people playing as feasible and therefore made decisions that we felt would make it most likely that the full competition would take place – and we are pleased that this has been possible.
We will then reflect on the findings, consult with Counties, and make decisions for the future based on the following key principles:
• Delivering value and enjoyment to those who already enter competitions.
• Maximizing the number of bowlers who are able to participate in competitions, noting the time pressures of those bowlers who work and/or have families.
• Achieving the right balance between travel and playing time.
• Ensuring ‘every bowl matters’ so matches are exciting for players and spectators.
• Ensuring the National Finals are played over no more than 3 weekends so we can improve the event experience and better promote it to a wider audience.
The deadline for completing this survey is Sunday 29th August at 5pm.
Thank you for your time.