Date: Thursday 6th June 2019
Time: 10am – 1pm
Who should attend?
This module is aimed at those individuals who have the responsibility to ensure their club is a safe place
This is primarily the module for Club Safeguarding Officers/Volunteers to attend but also active coaches and other club members who would like to support the Club Safeguarding Officer in their role.
What is the focus of the module?
This module is aimed at those clubs who have adult only members.
What does it cover?
- Provides an understanding of what safeguarding is and your role in safeguarding adults at risk in your club
- Helps to recognise signs of abuse and neglect of members
- Provides understanding on how to act upon a concern or a disclosure
- Raises awareness of relevant legislation and policies
- Tells you what support is available to you